Hello, folks! I too am a full-stack PHP developer. Talking about my development journey, I started development with CodeIgniter as my first PHP framework and I admit that it is very easy to grasp. I have done several projects with CodeIgniter but later I realized that by default CodeIgnitor framework lacks some functionality like Templating Engines, ORM, Authentication, and Authorization. So I decided to try my hands on other PHP frameworks. I tried several frameworks and I narrowed down my list to Cake, Zend and Laravel frameworks.
And after comparing & studying & trying some PHP frameworks, I finally chose Laravel framework because it is easy to use and implement regardless of the size of the project. Laravel is a robust framework in comparison to other PHP frameworks.
Below are the several reasons listed for using Laravel framework:
- Out of all the official documentation, I have referred to, till now Laravel framework’s documentation is probably the best in comparison to any other PHP framework.
- Laravel Framework does a great job in implementing features like authentication, APIs, rapid development.
- With its detailed documentation, it is easy to learn & easy to use; enabling you to build effective products efficiently.
- Laravel framework’s database abstraction system is strong and it also has very flexible migration system. Moreover, if you wish to implement more customization, you can use the IoC container. With this, you can customize core aspect of the framework.
- It becomes very easy to understand and learn as Laravel framework has expressive and readable syntax.
- Moreover, if you work from several machines, just pull the git, run your composer and npm, migrate and you are done. You can change the configuration depending upon the machine with .env files.
- If you are a newbie, use its official site documentation. I bet you don’t have to go anywhere else for help.
- Authentication of the Laravel framework is out of the box.
- Laravel follows MVC pattern and you can easily understand its directory structure.
- Laravel uses some Symfony components like Routing, HttpFoundation, HttpKernel and Translation.
So I conclude that Laravel framework is an amazing PHP framework. It facilitates you to do things in different ways. Make controllers like in CI or callbacks like Sinatra. You can even consider these points before you hire Laravel developer for development of your website. I don’t even want to try any other framework until everyone says it is better. And you should try & know!